Luminous - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Luminous - Official Forum

Welcome to Luminous' Official Forum, if you haven't already download the client and start playing now!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Woodcutting + Firemaking Guide

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TehTruth

Woodcutting + Firemaking Guide Empty
PostSubject: Woodcutting + Firemaking Guide   Woodcutting + Firemaking Guide EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 3:09 am

Hey guys, another skilling guide from me Smile

This time it's woodcutting and firemaking, two of the easiest, yet also the most boring in the game. The beautiful thing is, other than a set of hatchets and a tinderbox, you really do not need anything else.

Inventory:
Bronze hatchet
Mithril hatchet
Rune hatchet
Dragon hatchet

If you talk to Max, who is right next to the bank, he will teleport you to the Woodcutting skill area. There are normal trees, oak trees, willow trees, and maple trees around. I personally never bothered with willow trees though in hindsight it might have been worth it to chop some of them down. There is a bank near the trees as well so running to the bank is never a problem Smile.

Level 1-10: Normal Trees
Level 10-30: Oak Trees
Level 30-60: Willow Trees
Level 60-99: Maple Trees

This is what I would use if I had to re-train woodcutting, obviously everyone may have different preferences and decide they want to switch to a different tree type at a different tree level. Don't forget to switch out your hatchets as you increase in level, it really does speed up the process.

Firemaking:
Luckily, firemaking gives more exp per log than woodcutting does, so you don't need to buy any extra logs, in face you will have plenty left over (I still have 130 maple logs in my bank). The only downside is, firemaking requires constant clicking and takes longer than woodcutting.

Inventory: Tinderbox

Level 1-??: Use up your Normal logs
Level ??-??: Use up your oak logs
Level ??-??: Use up all your willow logs
Level ??-99: Maple logs all the way to 99

*The question marks are there because I do not know what level you will end up with after using up the logs.

The best place to train firemaking is above the home bank, next to the furnace. It will allow you to do almost a full inventory at a time before having to go back or get more logs.

It took me around 4-6 hours to finish each skill, some people might be faster if they really stay with it, but I was always doing something else.

Thanks for all the support on the first guide,
Ifailbrid

Back to top Go down
Lewis
Admin
Lewis

PostSubject: Re: Woodcutting + Firemaking Guide   Woodcutting + Firemaking Guide EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 3:18 am

Great guide again ifailbrid Smile
Thanks!

-Lewis
Back to top Go down
https://luminous.forumotion.co.uk/
nickkk

PostSubject: Re: Woodcutting + Firemaking Guide   Woodcutting + Firemaking Guide EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 3:27 am

damn dude you are a really good guide maker !
Back to top Go down
TehTruth

PostSubject: Re: Woodcutting + Firemaking Guide   Woodcutting + Firemaking Guide EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 3:51 am

I try :p, hopefully a cooking and fishing guide will be done soon.. and crafting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woodcutting + Firemaking Guide   Woodcutting + Firemaking Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Woodcutting + Firemaking Guide
Page 1 of 1