Luminous - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Luminous - Official Forum

Welcome to Luminous' Official Forum, if you haven't already download the client and start playing now!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mining + Smithing Guide

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TehTruth

Mining + Smithing Guide Empty
PostSubject: Mining + Smithing Guide   Mining + Smithing Guide EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 3:18 am

* I know this is in General Discussion, Lewis feel free to move it to where it belongs*

Alright guys, here is my 99 Mining + Smithing Guides

Inv Items: Bronze Pick, Steel Pick, Adamant Pick, Rune Pick

In order to get to the mining training area, talk to Max at home and select "Mining". This will teleport you to the Al Kharid Mine which has copper, tin, iron, coal, mithril, silver, gold, and adamant ores to mine. Luckily, there aren't any respawn times with the rocks which makes Mining much easier Smile. Starting out with copper, it shouldn't take long to get  40 mining. Whenever you can, swap out your pick with a better ones and just drop the previous one,  you won't need it and it isn't worth much. Once you have a full invy, I suggest mining 14 tin and 14 copper for the first load, use the bank located in the mine to dump your ores.

Mining + Smithing Guide Mining10[/img]

Suggestions for Leveling:

1-40: Copper + Tin

40-60: Iron

60-70: Iron

70-95: Coal
or
70-90: Coal

95-99: Mithril
or
90-99: Mithril

Know that this guide isn't for profit, it is simply, in my opinion, the fastest way to get 99 mining. Once you have 99 mining it is much easier to mine some of the more expensive materials than it is with lower levels.

Smithing

Unforunately, 99 smithing is a little more difficult than 99 mining. The exp gained from smithing 1 mithril bar and turning it into mithril knives is the same exp as it is to mine one mithril ore. Unfortunately the smithing does not take into account that 4 coal ores need to be mined along with 1 mithril ore to create a mithril bar which means that 99 smithing requires more ores than you will mine while getting 99 mining. Also, at the current moment in time, when selecting what type of bar you want to smith in the furnace, the picture or description of the bar does not show up which makes selecting the right box a mystery game. See picture below as example:

[img]Mining + Smithing Guide Screen10[/img]

Now on to the actual smithing part of getting 99 smithing:

First: Smith the tin and copper to make bronze bars and then smith the bronze bars into knives or whatever you want. This should get you close to level 40 or at least level 30.

40-70: Depending on whether you mined iron straight to 70 or silver make bars out of what you mined. If it is all iron just keep making iron knives, that should bring you up to 70.

70-99: This is the hard part, I suggest using up all the coal and mithril you mined, keep in mind that you need a 4:1 ratio to smelt all your ores, and turn them into knives or whatever other armor or weapon that you want. You will realize that this does not get you to 99 smithing so what I suggest is either buying iron ores from the GE to smelt, or just going back to the mine and mining a couple hundred more iron ores in order to finish off 99 smithing.

Back to top Go down
Lewis
Admin
Lewis

PostSubject: Re: Mining + Smithing Guide   Mining + Smithing Guide EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 7:17 pm

Thanks for the guide ifailbrid.

Moved to guides.

-Lewis
Back to top Go down
https://luminous.forumotion.co.uk/
TehTruth

PostSubject: Re: Mining + Smithing Guide   Mining + Smithing Guide EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 10:46 pm

Thanks Lewis, didnt exist before Smile
Back to top Go down
ukacarebear
Admin
ukacarebear

PostSubject: Re: Mining + Smithing Guide   Mining + Smithing Guide EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 2:17 am

Gratz on the guide bro ill be. Back on soon
Back to top Go down
TehTruth

PostSubject: Re: Mining + Smithing Guide   Mining + Smithing Guide EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 2:41 am

Thanks uka, come back to us :DDD. Gonna make some other guides soon.
Back to top Go down
nickkk

PostSubject: Re: Mining + Smithing Guide   Mining + Smithing Guide EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 3:13 am

that is a really good guide !
Back to top Go down
TehTruth

PostSubject: Re: Mining + Smithing Guide   Mining + Smithing Guide EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 3:51 am

thanks nickk, working on more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mining + Smithing Guide   Mining + Smithing Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Mining + Smithing Guide
Page 1 of 1